Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2009 Kawasaki ultra lx that is hard to start. When I attempt to start it it sounds like it starts but once I let go on the “start” button it shuts off. If I attempt starting it while holding down the throttle slightly at (and not varying the degree and which I hold it down) the engine will stay on but the rpms fluctuate rapidly. It changes from around 3,500 rpm- 1,500 rpms. However once I let go of the throttle it shuts off. If I repeat this around 6-8 times. The jetski will finally start and will not shut off. And it will be good for the entire day. Anytime I try to start it after it starts the first time, it will start up right away. However, after letting it sit for 2 days I have to go through the process all over again. I just had new spark plugs put in 5-8 hours ago and only have non-ethanol fuel in my tank. Once the jetski is up and running there is no performance issues at all. Anyone have any ideas of what it could be? And if you do, how much it’d cost to fix it? Or is it fine for me to just keep repeating this process every time I go out without damage to my jetksi. One important thing I’ve noticed, after trying to start it and failing, there is a hazy smoke coming from the exhaust that slowly comes out for probably 30 seconds after the attempt. I do understand that yes smoke comes out of an exhaust however it unsure if it’s natural for it to keep emitting smoke even after you fail to start the engine. Thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts