Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Ultra LX that was running great, getting up to just over 7000 RPM and hitting 50+ MPH. It sat idle for about a month and I recently started riding it again. At first, it had slightly degraded performance only hitting 42-44 MPH. The next day it was running about the same, then started bogging on acceleration (but eventually getting up to power), then eventually just bogging, idling rough, and sometimes dying, barely able to limp back to my dock.

While on the dock and hooked up to water, it starts and revs up normally with no problem. As soon as I put it in the water, it immediately bogs down. It has 50-hours on it and new plugs. I have no idea if the previous owner had any maintenance done on the fuel system.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Posting an update for this issue in case someone finds it and the resolution can be helpful...

The problem turned out to be that the connection from the exhaust collector into the muffler was leaking. The end of the collector corroded to the point where it wouldn't seal and it blew out the silicone boot. Exhaust was leaking into the engine compartment and starving the engine for air.

Replaced the exhaust pipe/collector along with the rings and silicone boot and problem solved!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts