Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to get some help, I have a 2009 VX 110 Deluxe, I had it running 2 weeks ago, but the battery was junk, my brother put a new battery in it today and it will not start. When you hit the start button the green security light comes on and it cranks over, but it will not fire up. I do not hear the fuel pump come on and it is not firing the plugs. Also the gauges do not come on, normally when you hit the start it will show zero in the MPH section and the fuel level, it doesn’t, just the green light comes on. I checked all the fuses that are on the block on the right side and they are good. I did have the thought that my brother hooked the battery backwards, but he said he didn’t and it is hooked correctly now. I did just order the software and cable to connect it to my laptop, but is there anything else I can check?? It is weird that the engine turns over, but nothing else seems to be working. I have a volt meter and am capable of using it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found a bunch of people with the same issue, but not one where anyone came back and said what the fix was 😢

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I have the answer, the yellow / green striped wire going into the ECM was broken at the ECM, after going through the diagram it is what provides the neutral to both the fuel pump and power relays. I still have to fix it, but when I shoved it back in the hole the pump came on and the display lit up. I would have started it except I was putting the plugs back in and of course one of them broke off in the damn head 🤯🤬. Had enough of this thing for the weekend and will mess with all of that next weekend

1 - 4 of 4 Posts