Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am out on the river today and bump into a dark blue FZR, turns out he is a friend of a friend. Well he thought it was the fastest thing on the water:laugh:. He quickly lost to a 2006 Seadoo RXT 215 with a RIVA stage three kit. Bill was stunned he thought I only had thru hull exhaust :smilie:he asked me to ask the forum if there was anything reasonable he could do to beat me. So I said I would. Thanks for reading.

See Ya:skullbones:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey Ernest can you help me with this one?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I don't know Outlaw. How fast would he need to go to beat you? The Stage I Riva kit for that machine would get him over 70 for around $1500, a Stage II kit would put him in the mid 70s for $2500 , and a Stage III Riva kit for that machine would get him over 80 mph, but would set him back around $7500.

I know that many owners recommend a new intake grate and ride plate for the FZR/FZS as an essential first step.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Ernest, thanks for the reply. He would need at least 75 mph to hang but he needs more holeshot got him by three skis outta the hole and just pulled from there. He did make me laugh, he said when he bought it the dealer assurred him that nothing would beat it. We also tried it from a roll he did better there but I still pulled away. He thinks that the FZR has over 300 Hp stock:laugh: If that were the case no way would a 215 hp motor with a stage three kit beat him every time. I'm supposed to be near 300 hp in cool weather. Few little other tricks we due is cut the bucket at the top for less restriction. I am running the smallest nozzle ring 81 mm Riva and had to repitch the prop 1 mm to avoid REV limiter even the Riva Racung ECU has a limiter of 8600 Rpm I turn between 8300 and 8400. Replaced the stock sponsons with flat Riva Racing ones. Opas system is off and blocked. RIVA pipe and can thru hull exhaust Part of the kit is Riva blow off valve to allow the supercharger to spool up quicker. That may be the reason I got him outta the hole. I have a wedge coming for the ride plate. But it is kinda cool to have a 2006 three seater that runs over its head. The way the FZR ran I thought ut was a worked GP
1300. Which kit can he put on with out the warranty being void?

Thanks Ernest:2thumbsup:

See Ya

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Yea Outlaw, I think the FZs have something like 200-220 HP stock. Yamaha doesn't like to divulge the numbers. The Riva Stage II kit would get him to 260 HP, but I still don't think he could beat you, but it would be a good race.

Don't quote me on this, but I think that the Stage I kit is OK for the warranty. It may be possible that the Stage II kit is, but I'd check with Riva to be sure. I know the Stage III kit voids the warranty.

Have him check out the Greenhulk forum: Yamaha 4 Stroke Performance They have a bunch of posts on moding the FZs.

I know that many riders on that fourm basically say the a new intake grate, ride plate, pump seal kit, and impeller are just about essential for the FZs as a first step.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts