Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VX 1100 with low hours, spent most of it's life sitting covered. installed new fuel pump last fall previous owner had it changed also before me but mechanic left rubber bumpers in fuel cell, they turned to tar and clogged fuel pump.ran fine when I bought it but it sat for a while due to accident and previous owner used ethanol based fuel. I replaced pump cleaned tank of gunk. good pressure to the rail. removed rail and injectors all look very clean. no sign of trash anywhere. it will not start on it's own, only on starter fluid and it runs fine for a minute.or so but will not operate on it's own fuel.
very puzzled!! last fall before I replaced the pump I was trying to start it. it would not. I kept cranking off an on but I cranked a little longer than the prescribed time and I heard a loud electrical snap back towards the battery area and then it went dead no power to anything. I unhooked the battery put it on the charger it was fine and covered it over and left it. weeks later I went back and installed the battery and everything seemed normal except would not start. a fellow watercrafter came over to help me and we learned there was no fuel to the rail so hence the subsequent pump change. but still no change. there's power to the injector harness. it reads like 28 volts on my meter when the system and pump boots up.
it continues to hold that current while cranking. that's all the info I have for this situation. I hope someone else has run across this anomaly.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts