Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Massive lightning ball hit my pier and took out the boat lift, lake irrigation pump and fried my jet ski maintenance battery charger.

The ski is a 2010 Yamaha FX/HO with 35 (low - hardly used) hours. It has a fully charged battery and topped off with gas and won't start...put it on the trailer and the remote fob doesn't beep ANY amount of times...with the lanyard attached the multifunction display does not come on, nor do I hear the electric fuel pump, strangely enough the starter motor cranks hard but the ski never starts. I checked all the fuses (all test good with a multimeter) and did a physical inspection - no burnt wires not loose connectors, etc..

UPDATE: So I replaced the ECU with a new one (big $$$) and now the ski actually does start and run but then immediately shuts off, a friend feels its the wiring harness and I don't even want to think about that.. The multi-function meter "self-diagnostic" throws a 128 code which is supposedly the Throttle Position Sensor (the key fob still doesn't lock/unlock the ski and no beeps)

Anything else I should check ?

The ski is 10 years old now (soon to be 11) and after the $1,000 for the ECU I'm not sure I'm dumping another $1,500 or more into parts swapping....

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Man thats unfortunate bad luck. Had the electric pole in front of the house hit once. Burned up a bunch of stuff. And some stuff you'd not think of.

My first thought was ecu. And that did solved some of the problem. I suspect that you'll find several more items to resolve the rest. The TPS may resolve the code. Then there is the link for the fob that's still wacked. I'm more inclined to believe it's in sensors not wires. As the electronics are suscepible to voltage spikes. But I could be wrong.

I don't know if a dealer may be able to pull out codes to find what all is wrong. Rather than just throwing parts at it. You may want to call and see what they suggest. unfortunately it will likely get costly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts