Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW GUY HERE... Where I am keeping my ski I do not have a ramp to take it out of the water.. I would like to keep it on the water for the weekends and remove it. Is this a good idea? I cant affour the ramp right now and I would like to not have to take it out of the water after each ride. I know I need to flush the system, so if leaving it in the water for the weekend is a bad idea please lmk.

If keeping it in the water just for the weekends then whats your opinion on Dockmat Mooring Arms?

I did a search for the info and didnt find what i was looking for. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. I have left my skis in the water for a few days while on vacation with no harm. However my skis have closed loop cooling and yours does not. If you are in salt water that means you will have salt water in the cooling system, probably no big deal as long as you flush out when you pull out. I assume you are using some type of bulkhead with a mooring dock. Yes, your best bet is to use fiberglass mooring whips which when bent over and secured to the ski will keep it from rubbing and hitting the dock. I would not leave it in too many days as slime will start to build below the water line.;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I am very excited about the new ski, nervous and excited. Yes the most i would leave it at our dock is probably friday evening untill Sunday night, then trailer and flush it and leave it in the driveway until next weekend.

Also these mooring arms are not conventional whips. they are rods that sit on a swivel that mounts to dock and holds the tie ropes out a few feet but they do not hang high they almost appear to rest in the water. I have a boat at the dock also that is whipped and i think having another set of whips there would be to much clutter.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Thank you. I am very excited about the new ski, nervous and excited. Yes the most i would leave it at our dock is probably friday evening untill Sunday night, then trailer and flush it and leave it in the driveway until next weekend.

Also these mooring arms are not conventional whips. they are rods that sit on a swivel that mounts to dock and holds the tie ropes out a few feet but they do not hang high they almost appear to rest in the water. I have a boat at the dock also that is whipped and i think having another set of whips there would be to much clutter.
There also something else used on straight Bulkheads, they are called Davits and actullaly will allow you to winch the the ski straight up in the air and swing over land to a cradle....pretty cool.:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts