Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any engine performance differences between the new GTS 130 and the new GTI 130? I know that the GTI gets VTS, brakes, and reverse but is that it? Is there an increase in acceleration or top speed? According to my research it doesn't appear so but I was hoping that someone could confirm or deny for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
811 Posts
new GTI 130 Picked as 2011 ski of the year

Are there any engine performance differences between the new GTS 130 and the new GTI 130? I know that the GTI gets VTS, brakes, and reverse but is that it? Is there an increase in acceleration or top speed? According to my research it doesn't appear so but I was hoping that someone could confirm or deny for me. Thanks.
The new Seadoo GTI 130 was picked ski of the year by PWC TODAY, there are differences between the GTS 130 and it. As you mentioned the IBR controls are a huge addition. The other new feature is the S-3 hull which is the only type on the market, featuring a very deep "V" hull that is stepped. It now has the fit and finish of top of the line skis. You may see better performance as a result of the new hull. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, are you saying that the GTS does not have the S-3 hull?

The local dealership is telling me that it is the same hull and deck.

·
Registered
811 Posts
So, are you saying that the GTS does not have the S-3 hull?

The local dealership is telling me that it is the same hull and deck.
Yes if it is a 2011 it has the same hull, although the VTS will allow more bow lift at WOT which may give you 1-3 more mph, sorry what confused me is that I thought all 2011 Seadoos had the IBR controls. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Outlaw.

The GTS interests me because I don't really need the brakes or reverse. I also don't ever adjust the VTS one the skis that I currently have, I just leave it in the middle and ride. Plus, I like the color scheme on the GTS better than the standard GTI :) I would like a swim step but can't get it on a model without the iBR controls. I don't want it bad enough to spend the extra $2k for the GTI SE. I found that Seadoo does sell the swim step for the 2011 GTS/GTI for just $229. It looks like a GTS with a swim step would be perfect for my uses.

·
Registered
811 Posts
There you go then. Watercraft Superstore is is also a another good source for aftermaket parts, they sell many cool accessories.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dont mean to hijack your thread but im looking at picking one up this weekend and the only thing that's holding me back is deciding whether or not i want what the GTI 130SE or just the GTI130.

I definitely want the reverse because the marina's are nuts around here, is it worth it to be able to be able to adjust the trim on the fly? im a novice rider and only plan to pull the occasional tube.

Also, im pretty clueless to this world but can you add part's to make them quicker like intake's, Exhaust's,Chips?

TIA!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went ahead and got a 2011 GTS 130. So far it's great (only have about 2 hours on it). I can't believe how big and comfortable it is. Quite a bit different than the mid 90's skis that I am used to :)

3Pedal, The only differences that I am aware of between the GTI and the GTI SE are: a swim/boarding step and some extra mode options within the digital dash.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Congrats and enjoy, very wise choice for the $$$ .......You will find this ski to be very reliable:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts