Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 VXS and 2010 VX Deluxe and was wondering what K & N oil filter is needed for each one? I have read the 204 and 303 but not sure?

Also, a follow up question on anchors? I will only be anchoring in a Lake and off the shore a bit (from 3 feet to deeper) and what anchor works best? Do I need one on each end to secure it at night or just one if I am off the shore enough so that it doesn't slam into the shore? Plus, if I need to anchor it in deeper water say next to a prime cliff jumping spot what would work best in a Lake as well?

Lastly, do I need to strip off the wax that the dealer put on and start from scratch? If so, with what and how.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have a 2011 VXS and 2010 VX Deluxe and was wondering what K & N oil filter is needed for each one? I have read the 204 and 303 but not sure?

Also, a follow up question on anchors? I will only be anchoring in a Lake and off the shore a bit (from 3 feet to deeper) and what anchor works best? Do I need one on each end to secure it at night or just one if I am off the shore enough so that it doesn't slam into the shore? Plus, if I need to anchor it in deeper water say next to a prime cliff jumping spot what would work best in a Lake as well?

Lastly, do I need to strip off the wax that the dealer put on and start from scratch? If so, with what and how.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance.[/QUOTE

I'll take the anchor question. It sounds to me you will need about a 10 lb Danforth anchor and about 50' of rope with 6' chain leader on the anchor for weight to sink it and then offering the optimum angle for stabilty. This anchor should work in anything but large rocks. One good anchor set right should hold it. Once set you can attach a float to mark and hold the line up when released for running.

The wax I would leave on and go from there with your type. BTW I always treat the bottoms of my skis with something different for reduced friction and more top speed.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
It is confusing, because its a 303 K&N for the 2007 and earlier VXs, but Yamaha changed the specifications to a slightly smaller filter size in 2008. For 2008 and later VX skis (including the 2010) its the K&N 204, so that is the one you need.

For the VXR, I don't believe that K&N has an official equivalent filter, but I've heard that the K&N HP1002 will work.

For shallow water, in a lake I like these anchors: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Kwik-Tek-Screw-Anchor-System/dp/B0000ATY60[/ame] You can go to Harbor Freight or a pet store and just buy the screw part (used for tying down your pet) plus some rope, and make your own for $5. Put 2 on the ski (bow and stern), to keep it from rotating. The screw anchor will not work in sand. The Danforth anchor that Outlaw mentioned is what I'd use for deep water. The right amount of chain is the key to getting it to hold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts