Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kawasaki dominates the PWC industry with their Ultra 300X since last year. Will Yamaha have a new model to match? Wanted to buy a new Yamaha.:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, but the power of the 300 is totally out of yamaha's reach, the only downside of the kawasaki is the fuel consumption. I am a yamaha fan and in the market for a new one, but most of my buddies are on a kawi now due to the horsepower. Is yamaha going to introduce a newer and bigger engine soon?

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
I agree, but the power of the 300 is totally out of yamaha's reach, the only downside of the kawasaki is the fuel consumption. I am a yamaha fan and in the market for a new one, but most of my buddies are on a kawi now due to the horsepower. Is yamaha going to introduce a newer and bigger engine soon?
Good question but I doubt it. Yamaha was never really in the horsepower war like Kawasaki and Sea-Doo was.

·
Registered
8 Posts
not as good as the ultra and the yami cant get out of the hole half as fast
Well, I think your right about getting out of the hole. However, things are about to change next year. Nothing, and I mean nothing will be able to come close to a yamaha SVHO. Yami has taken the SHO to the next level.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have ran in to a couple Ultra 300's and they both complained about gas, Gas is a major factor for me also, not just because of money but also because I like to travel far sometimes and its a pain to have to refill allot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts