Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just purchased a 2012 Yamaha Waverunner VXR bone stock. I have a few mods I want to do but am curious about any other opinions and possibly links to the parts because they are hard to find. So far I am interested in
RIVA freeflow exhaust- my problem with this is I want the exhaust with the Thru hull that comes out of the back and not the one that goes right into the jet. Does this actually make it louder and gain any performance?
RIVA engine breather kit
RIVA intake manifold
Solas Impeller
Does anybody have any idea about any other mods I could do or have links to these or any other parts? I really appreciate any input.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Hi Griddle, welcome to the forum.
One performance item I don't see mentioned is a chip or reprogrammer. Most of the newer pwc's can be reprogrammed.
I can't comment on the exhaust except to say most performance exhausts are louder. Be carful where you ride or intend to ride doesn't have a noise level ordnance.
Your current exhaust comes out beside your jet pump. In the pump compartment above the ride plate. not in the jet. Yes will add some performance and noise. All of what you list will add to your performance to some extent. As to how much is the question. The impeller, breather, exhaust, and possibly chip/programming. Will probably be biggest improvements. Not ordered based on improvement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts