Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone modded their ski for a bluetooth speaker mount. Not looking for a full blown install as much as an after market mount for a bluetooth speaker. I have a 2014 FX Cruiser HO. Ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
On my 2009 FX Cruiser SHO I mounted a full waterproof 20W Bluetooth speaker (AOMAIS Sport II) to a gopro mount that was then bolted into the cup holder.

Did the same on the other side mounting a gopro mount to the cup cover for a waterproof video camera.

Was the absolute cheapest setup I could think of. If you go this route I'd recommend definitely bolting down the mount for security in heavy wake, waves, jumping, etc.

They have different accent color options. Only had orange and lime green when I first ordered. I have an all black one coming this week to better match / not stand out.

Edit: I noticed the picture only shows two bolts holding the mount down. There's actually three, evenly spaced around the mounting holes, one's on the back side. Just pointing out for full clarity.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just curious but why on Earth do you guys want a Speaker attached to your Ski ? Do you get so bored whilst riding you need to listen to the news or Music ? If fishing wouldn't the noise help keep the fish away and if you are riding whilst listening wouldn't you annoy others near you with how loud you would need it to hear it ?
If you are only listening to it whilst at the Shore then a portable Blue tooth speaker would be fine and they fit easily into your storage space ?
I gather you need everyone where you park your Ski to hear your choice of music and not be able to talk to eah other ?
Kids today just can't seem to do with out something that makes noise or takes away having to talk to each other.
Not once have my Grand kids or Adult children said to me, you know what your Jet Ski needs ? How would you hear your spotter to know if some one fell off the tube or Wakeboard or other water toy being pulled behind. ?
I thought it may have just been my age (64) but I just asked my kids and they thought it was not a very useful device to waste money on, so it's not just me as it normally is, enjoy your Speakers though I am sure everyone around you will enjoy your choice of music whether they want to or not ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't fish, grandpa. And I sure wouldn't do it off my ski. I also don't tow tubers, skiers, or wakeboarders, so I have no need to listen for a spotter.

Do you not listen to "news or music" while you're driving your car?

I have a Bluetooth earset I use while riding my sportbike too. Does that mean I enjoy my bike more or less than someone else who doesn't listen to music? Some Harleys and Honda Goldwings come with speakers stock. Wonder why that is...

I ride my ski with my wife. We both like the same music taste. I rarely ride with others, and when I do we're moving along at speed that they can't hear my speaker anyway. People I hang with like the same music I do, and would voice it if they didn't like my music or the idea of music at all (they never have).

I'm not the only one who listens to music while on a ski; there's a whole industry of companies making speakers for skis. People must be buying enough of them for these companies to keep manufacturing them.

I guess my first question is... What's it matter to you? You don't want to add music to your ski, fine. Don't. No one's telling you to. The OP asked about a speaker, I gave him a cheap option. But thanks for your useless opinion on the matter. The elderly can't seem to let others be and do what they please with their own things without giving a useless opinion on the matter. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im 43 and enjoy all types of music. My family has a boat that we use every weekend, weather permitting. We also have our ski that the entire family uses as well. We ALL enjoy listening to music whilst riding our boat. Like the poster above said, there is plenty of demand for this. Spotters should be turned around looking anyway instead of worrying about music or whats ahead of them. Enjoy your quiet time with your grandkids on the lake. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts