Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm searching for some help figuring out what is wrong with my jet ski. It ran fine last weekend, but this weekend it will not go full speed. It will normally run 50 something mph, but will only run 30 mph and about 6000-6500 rpm. It sounds fine, just won't go full speed. It has 65 hours on it. Any suggestions other than carrying it to a repair shop? Thanks!

Here are the things I've tried:
- Cleaned fuel injectors per a video on youtube
- Checked for error codes - only gave me code 01
- Checked for low power mode, even activating it and deactivating it, to no avail
- Checked spark plugs - one of which I'm not real sure about
- I checked the intake grate and it looks clean
- Pulled battery and charged it overnight, partially to charge it and partially hoping it may reset any electronic problems

Attachments

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Plugs are probably not going to solve the problem. But they need replacing based on that plug. That plug is showing signs of oil consumption on that cyl.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on buying a new set today. The other 3 didn't look as bad. Could normal usage cause a plug to look like that or would that indicate a bigger problem?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I plan on buying a new set today. The other 3 didn't look as bad. Could normal usage cause a plug to look like that or would that indicate a bigger problem?
I would check them again at the end of the season if that same plug is fouled like that. I'd keep a closer eye on that cyl. Doing a compression test and see how that cyl compares to the rest would help evaluate the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts