Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son was riding our 2015 Yamaha VX Deluxe when the ski slowed down and the engine stopped. It wouldn’t start so we towed it back to ramp. Engine was locked. Determined cylinder #1 was damaged when plug was pulled and spark plug was flattened. Pulled engine and removed head and the piston was gone. Looks like it disintegrated into the crank case. Pics attached. Any ideas on what happened? Also, any thoughts on the ability to repair. I was considering SBT but didn’t see a lot of great reviews. I have read some good things about PWC Engines in manorville so I am considering contacting them to see what they can do and if it is repairable. Any advice appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Its hard to say what caused the failure without all the pieces to reconstruct to see if you can find something obvious. Stay away from sbt. I use some of there parts. But never a motor or crank. They have very poor record. Even pwc engines I've heard mixed reviews on.
From your pictures I don't see anything that would indicate its not repairable. The head will have to be replaced. It took quite a beating.
That puppy most have made some racket when it let loose.
Try the fellow below. He did a crank for buddy a while ago and did a beautiful job. I've watched several of his videos. He has quite a shop and does some impressive work. If anyone can get it done he should be able to. (Pic1)

If this is a TR1 motor and depending on repair cost pic2 may be an option.

Good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. It’s is actually a MR-1. I will see what I can do with the contact information you sent on the machine shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts