Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all new to this site. I have had and ridden many jet skis in the past. I am thinking about getting a 2017 Yamaha FX SVHO. Just to be clear, NOT the FX Cruiser and NOT the FX Limited, but the straight FX SVHO.

This is the one
personalwatercraft dot com /specs/yamaha/3-4-passenger/2017/waverunner-reg-fx/svho.html

I heard/read about the timing chain issues on the 2015 SVHO and it seems to have been resolved with the 2016 model..

How are the 2017 FX SVHOs?

Anyone have one and care to share your experiences?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually my mistake, I think for the relevance both the FX Cruiser and the FX Limited have the exact same engine so I guess I should include those also.
Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty happy nobody has said anything yet :) Perhaps it is an indicator that the 2017 1.8L SVHO's are pretty solid?
:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called the dealer today and he told me that the superchargers in these 2017/2018 1.8L's are good for 200-300 hours before needing to be rebuilt.. I thought that sounded a bit long.. He speaketh the truth?

·
Super Moderator
5,059 Posts
If you look in the owners manual, it should give the recommended service interval for the charger. That is what needs to be followed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seems like nothing but echos in here. I just joined thinking this place would be full of enthusiasts with SVHO motors under the hood.. Maybe there's another more active forum?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ma
Hello all new to this site. I have had and ridden many jet skis in the past. I am thinking about getting a 2017 Yamaha FX SVHO. Just to be clear, NOT the FX Cruiser and NOT the FX Limited, but the straight FX SVHO.

This is the one
personalwatercraft dot com /specs/yamaha/3-4-passenger/2017/waverunner-reg-fx/svho.html

I heard/read about the timing chain issues on the 2015 SVHO and it seems to have been resolved with the 2016 model..

How are the 2017 FX SVHOs?

Anyone have one and care to share your experiences?

Thanks in advance!
mate I have one and love the ski... but only today with 65hrs I'm having starting issues... I've posted in here and waiting for some feedback hopefully...
But aside from this... a great all round ski.. power...handles the chop...I fish off it...wouldn't change it and I'm a massive Kawasaki fan but everyone has different taste... hope it somewhat helps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts