Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2018 wave runner fxho from a guy who left it for two years in a heated garage. He hadn’t winterized it. I siphoned out all of the old gas that I could. I replaced the battery. The jetski ran and idled for about 30 seconds, and as i started to
flush it, it threw up the low power (limp mode) light and flashed an image of the low gas reading. I added new gas, reset the limp mode light, and added about 6 gallons of good gas to the jetski. The jetski then started turning over when i held the starter but it would not start. I heard the starter working and the engine seemed to occasionally sputter a little bit (there is some white smoke coming from the dipstick tube but i don’t know if it is actually a problem).

I changed the oil and filter along with the spark plugs. I still have the same problems. I’m getting no warning lights or signs of problems. I can hear the fuel pump pumping when i try to start it.

I’m thinking it could be a fuel filter or the injectors, as there was two year old fuel in the lines. It initially idled for about 30 seconds, but it has not started up since the warning popped up. All it seems to be doing is turning over and cylinders fire occasionally but the ski won’t start still.

This is pretty much my last resort.

Any Ideas?

·
Administrator
77 Posts
Starter solenoid... That's not the fuel pump, it's the bilge pump. It's in the ECU compartment. And you need to start water as soon as it is running. 30 seconds is a little long... And stop it right before turning it off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Starter solenoid... That's not the fuel pump, it's the bilge pump. It's in the ECU compartment. And you need to start water as soon as it is running. 30 seconds is a little long... And stop it right before turning it off.
My apologies, i meant to say that I started and stopped the water within that time period. I stopped it as soon as the warning light came on and shut the engine.

·
Administrator
77 Posts
Got it. There is no particular reason for it to die. Even overheating... It's not like you killed it in that time. So it doesn't make sense. Gas... Meh. You changed plugs. Still doesn't explain why it stopped, but I just had to replace my relay and pretty much same for it not starting. Can't imaging gas... You could see if the water seperator is full. 🤷

1 - 4 of 4 Posts