Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a 2019 wake with about 45 hours on it. Last year we sucked rocks up into the jet while at the lake. I brought the ski home, pulled the jet off and got the rocks out that were wedged in the impeller. Had some wear ring damage and the ski wouldn't go more than 40 at the same rpm we used to get 53 mph from. Ordered a new ring and had a shop press it into the jet. We took it back out to the lake and still wont go more than 43 or 44 on open water. 41 on calm water. I went back to the shop we got it from and the tech told me to replace the impeller just from my story, not actually looking at the ski. The impeller does have some minor dings but nothing that looks like it would make that big of a change. What do you guys think? Here are some pics

Attachments

Registered
Ouch, gotta watch out for that low water. 馃檪
I not an expert on PWC's, but I have a bunch of boating experience and know a bit about propellers. Impellers are quite similar, they don't like to be forced into a "wedged-in" situation.
The blades may be bent out of alignment, along with the nicks and dings, this would certainly affect the out-put performance. Don't take lightly what "looks" like minor impeller damage,
If a boat propeller is as badly damaged as your impeller "might" be, it can actually destroy the boats transmission.
Their may also be other damage that I am not aware of. This forum has some guys with vast knowledge of PWC's, in time they will probably chime in.
Good luck with your machine.

Bryan

Registered
If you replaced the wear ring with the correct part (size) then the only thing left is the impeller, given that you are still getting the same maximum RPMs. Expensive learning experience!

:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts