Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the hood issues, has anyone experienced the fuel pump issue?
I bought 2 new last year and both have about 65 hours on them. One just start acting slower and hesitation sometimes. Plugs are good and wires also.

·
Registered
67 Posts
No fuel/pump issues but only 13 hours on both skis thus far. Don’t think there is a fuel/water separator like an outboard motor, have you checked the fuel for water?

·
Registered
52 Posts
A friend of my son's bought a new 2020 last year. He has about 70 hours on it now, but has not had a fuel pump problem with it. In fact, it runs like a "raped ape." He did have the hood and glove box cover replaced under the warranty. One of the bolts that secures the right side panel came out and we found it inside the hull. We applied blue loctite to this bolt and some other loose bolts, reinstalled them and have not had any further problems with bolts falling out. We also helped him change the oil and oil filter in accordance with the recommended service schedule in the Owner's Manual. Despite these problems, I think this machine is the best performance buy for the money. It is $2,000-$3,000 less than a similar performing High Output Yamaha and leaves my old Yamaha VX110s in its wake every time!

How do you know that the fuel pump is the problem? Have you checked the oil level to make sure that the machine does not have too much oil in it? I know that having too much oil in a Yamaha can cause these types of performance problems. If nothing else, I would make Kawasaki fix it especially if it is still under warranty.

Let us know how you resolve this issue. Bill.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey Willy, can you post a pic of what bolt got loose on you on that right panel?
My ski is sitting around 143 hours, has not had a fuel pump issue. I have had 4 warranty repairs done in 2 seasons: stuck head unit (radio), front hood - last season; clogged fuel sock, spark plug wires arcing - this season (this month).
When she’s running right, this ski is an absolute blast. I’ve topped out at 67mph which is plenty for me. She’s been great for cruising, towing tubes, and jumping waves in the surf. The only drawback is that due to the hull shape, riding in just mildly choppy conditions sucks (unless you stand) whereas the skis like the Ultra plow through chop with relative ease.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts