Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a letter from Kawasaki informing me that I should write down the number of the keys which came with the jetski; they even provide a sticker with a place for the number. It also states the number should come on a tag attached to the keys. First, there was no tag attached to the keys. I tried calling the dealer which sold me the jetski but the dealer was not helpful. I tried calling the Kawasaki support number but am always put on hold, the 13th in line, so I haven't gotten through to them.

My question is if the key codes are necessary to replace lost keys. If you do not have the key codes and you lose the keys, what happens? Do you have to bring the jetski in to the dealer? Do you have to replace the electronic unit (ECU?) which reads the keys? Is there any other way for me to obtain the key codes?

I am a newbie jetski owner, so thanks for any help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I received the same email after purchasing the same ski. When purchasing my ski out dealer said they can replace the keys one time, any other loss would require an Ecu replacement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No email or letter from a Kawasaki about this nor did our keys have any tag with numbers on them. 160 and 160LX According to the manual. If you lose one, you can use the other key to program a new key. If you lose both keys, you will need to replace the ECU.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts