Personal Water Craft Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

Registered
Dealer 2 called back today and said they spoke to Kawasaki. Once they request the part with the vin number, Kawasaki sends the part, and they will be responsible to fix. Dealer 2 is 15 min from me. Dealer 3 is 2 hours where I bought skis from. I guess at this point it鈥檚 whichever dealer orders the part first I will have to go to.

Tomorrow will be -5 with the windchill 馃ザ馃ザ so most likely not until about May before I get out on the skis. 馃槀

Registered
My dealer said the same thing and after a few months of my parts not arriving (both speakers & lid), I ended up calling Kawi myself around March 1.

The Kawi reps we鈥檙e great, and they called my dealer directly while they put me on hold to figure out the problem since they have tracking on whatever they ship out. Turns out parts were shipped and received back in November lol, so that put the dealer on their heels searching warehouses for boxes.

The parts turned up in their Motorsports location instead of marine, so that was good news. I鈥檓 calling tomorrow to have the dealer begin the lid fix and speaker replacement as I intend to
pick up my skis mid-late April.

Registered
Spoke to Kawasaki today. Even gave me the recall part number 99999-0786 and they have over 1000 in stock at the warehouse. They checked the vin numbers and confirmed the dealer. NO recall order was placed by the dealer for both my Jetski as of yet. SMH! Will call them tomorrow and ask what is going on.

Registered
Thanks for the update. Wow sorry to hear that, at least Kawi was helpful. I鈥檓 guessing you鈥檒l be giving your dealer an earful! Did Kawi facilitate a recall order on your behalf?

Registered
Thanks for the update. Wow sorry to hear that, at least Kawi was helpful. I鈥檓 guessing you鈥檒l be giving your dealer an earful! Did Kawi facilitate a recall order on your behalf?
Can鈥檛 give dealer an earful yet..... this is the dealer that talked me through what to do when I sank my ski and brought it back alive. So I feel they are a good dealer. On the other hand, I鈥檝e been very patient with them since early Feb trying to fix this recall. No, Kawi didn鈥檛 facilitate the recall. I reached out to them trying to get it done before the Spring rush.

Registered
Spoke to dealer today. Said can鈥檛 order parts until skis are there and that he is full. I reminded him that I have been talking with him since early Feb. Bottom line, he said to drop it off 4/10, I told him 4/17 works better for me.
To be continued......

Registered
He鈥檚 鈥渇ull鈥? Ooph. What dealer in NJ do you use?
I bought the skis from Muller Powersport in Phillipsburg as they were the only dealer that had 2 skis in stock pretty much on the East Coast in July AND didn鈥檛 charge sticker. I鈥檓 on Long Island, NY so I decided to use a dealer that鈥檚 20 min from me to try and get the recall fix.

I did call Muller and they were more than willing to fix the recall, it鈥檚 just a 4-5 hour R/T to drop off and pick up another day.

Any update on your lid and radio fix?

Registered
Yeah that makes sense. I bought my skis 1st week of July too and I had 5 to choose from, none below sticker lol, you got a deal! I called this week to have my dealer begin the warranty speaker & lid work so I can pick it up in ~3weeks. Hoping that鈥檚 enough lead time for them to get everything in order.

Registered
Def have the itch too since I鈥檓 scheduled to pick my skis up Tuesday. I called today to see if they鈥檙e ready...they鈥檙e not. Dealer said they鈥檙e waiting on a part for the hood fix on the 160LX due in mid next week, this is after 8 months of ensuring everything was there ready to go. bangs head

Registered
I鈥檓 schedule to drop off both skis at the dealer tomorrow before they can start the process of ordering the recall parts. My guess is 2 weeks before I鈥檒l get the skis back. Hopefully!

Can鈥檛 believe your dealer is still waiting on parts which was already shipped. SMH!

61 - 75 of 75 Posts