Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have a new STX 160LX that has been trouble free until today. The radio display is showing a string of numbers/letters at start up and I cannot change any feature of the radio whatsoever. I’ve tried shutting down the ski completely, re-inserting the key a few times but this message persists. I disconnected & ‘forget device’ the Kawasaki Bluetooth from my phone, and I was able to reconnect to Bluetooth automatically without manual pairing, that did not resolve this either. Any help would be hugely appreciated, this is driving me crazy!
Best regards

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer was unable to provide any answer over the phone, so they’re going to try a few things when I bring the ski in for it’s 25hr service. That’s scheduled for next week so I have to wait until then.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: finally got the ski to the dealer. The dealer techs were unsuccessful. They called Kawasaki directly, and a rep told them this was the first time they’ve seen this issue (just my luck!). My dealer will replace the entire unit and filed a warranty claim, however it’s backordered so I’ll have to wait.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all. I have a new STX 160LX that has been trouble free until today. The radio display is showing a string of numbers/letters at start up and I cannot change any feature of the radio whatsoever. I’ve tried shutting down the ski completely, re-inserting the key a few times but this message persists. I disconnected & ‘forget device’ the Kawasaki Bluetooth from my phone, and I was able to reconnect to Bluetooth automatically without manual pairing, that did not resolve this either. Any help would be hugely appreciated, this is driving me crazy!
Best regards
View attachment 19010
Had same issue on one of my 2 stx 160lx's.
Dealer replaced under warranty last year along with the hoods both breaking off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts