Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waking up this morning with 2x new 2019 VX Cruisers in my driveway. There are worse ways to start your day.
I've only ridden a jet ski once and have never owned. Went in whole hog, I guess.
Looking forward to learning more, contributing content and providing a little humor here!

Will certainly want to understand the ins/outs of 100% salt water use asap.

LexingTom
Hilton Head Island, SC

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
You will want to coat the entire engine / muffler / anything metal, and electronics with an anti-corrosion spray before the first ride. Give it a good flush after EVERY ride. Not really necessary to spray down the engine after every ride. I do mine about every five outings or so. You will want to hose down the whole engine then I use an electric leaf blower to blow the water out of all the crevices, then I use one of those Home Depot bucket head backs to vacuum the water out of the bilge. After that give it a good coat again with the anti-corrosion spray and you’re good to go. I have a Sea-Doo so I use the product that they recommend, it’s just a product like WD-40. Happy Riding!!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Welcome aboard Lexington.
With saltwater riding, flush and wash everything immediately after each outing. Most importantly always use salt away or salt terminator as your flush and rinse off agent. There a salt nuetralizer. Otherwise you'll have corrosion issues before you know it. Get a small like 2 gallon vac. After flushing and washing vacuum out all remaining water. And either spray with WD-40 or fluid film. WD makes less mess. Fluid film is a lanolin based spray. So if it gets to heavy it gets kind of greasy like. However fluid film is also a good pre ride coating that makes water run right off and no hard saltwater spots. Lightly spray entire ski and polish off with soft cloth. Wash out the inside of your ski well every 3 or 4 rides with Dawn dishsoap and a rag to keep it clean. Everything in there is water tight so don't worry of causing problems.
Have fun riding and go easy till you get a feel for how it handles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts