Personal Water Craft Forum banner

3 to choose from...which one? HELP

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Ernest T 
#1 ·
hi,
i'm new to jet skis & had originally thought about getting decent used one but now leaning more towards new. I've looked at the Yahama VX delux with 110hp, the Kawaski stx F15 with 160hp & the honda F12 turbo. all are aroun 8-9k but i'm wondering which is best. the yamaha seems like a great ski & the cheapest of the 3 put it'll only go about 50mph & i was hoping for at least 60-65. as i said, i'm new to this...is that difference in speed really a big deal? Which do you folks think it the best ski?
Also, i'm a kinda smallish woman at only 5'1 so i'm worried about getting a ski that too big for me to handle or feel comfortable on.

Any comments, suggestions or opinions would be appreciated.
thanks
Meryl

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Hi Ernest,
thanks for the advice. If you don't mind my asking, what's WOT (sorry if that's a dumb question.
as for the wate, it'll only be fresh water as i'll have it out on a lake. the lake does get kinda rough but where i'd be riding is just the cove by my house so that's pretty calm. I'm concerned about the extra maintenance & the fact that honda will not be making anymore PWC's so that will now play into my decision. That's for the heads up on that :).
my real concern is that if i'm gonna spend 8k i'd hate to be unhappy with it after a year or two & want more speed. I guess like you said, i'll have to ride each one but since the honda deal doesn't have any i can ride, guess i'll lean more towards the yamaha.
so is it about the kawaski you don't like? I haven't really read anything about them having issues.
thanks again
Meryl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.