Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the new 300x, Looking at buying one our dealer has a new one in the crate and he is only asking 11,400 for it, sounds like a good deal to me but would like to know more about them. Current top speed ? Upgrades? Don't know much about this new motor and supercharger, I do hear it will last quite a bit longer than the seadoo's but would like to be sure before spending the money.
Thanks.

·
Registered
811 Posts
haven't ridden one or seen one on the water. Would like to though to see if it is close to my 2006 Seadoo RXT, but from what my dealer and Jerry Gaddis (GREEN HULK OWNER) they are not impressed, too heavy, bad reliability issues. Should be no threat me. As soon as I beat one I'll let you know. Good price though

·
Registered
35 Posts
That's a great price - the 300X is the best PWC of 2011 hands down (I have one)

btw Jerry was very impressed with the 300X, did you see his reviews in the Kaw section on GH? What "reliability issues" are you talking about? this sounds like typical Sea Doo owner crap

·
Registered
35 Posts
Jerry's review, Part 1 (bone stock) without the speed governor, the 300X has already hit 75 mph with the Riva speed override and R&D intake grate

As many of you guys know I had the opportunity to fly out to San Diego last weekend and ride the new Kawasaki 300X. I must say, this ski was way more than I expected.

I've ridden 250's before, but this beast is an entirely different animal. I have never, ever, been on a stock ski that would hole shot this good. There's not even a hint of cavitation as this ski sling shots out of the hole. It has great acceleration all the way up to it's top speed. I didn't have a GPS on me, but the speedometer showed 67 mph running across Mission Bay at wide open throttle. There was a slight chop on the water, but the 300X just sliced on through and didn't come unhooked even once.

Handling is extremely impressive. No quirky feeling at high speed in sweeping turns. The ski just bites and goes predictably where you want it to. The torque of this engine with the Eaton supercharger is amazing. Throw the ski into a hard turn and you have the torque to pull out with brute force. I have to comment on the sound of the Eaton supercharger. The whine the supercharger makes is bad ass! I just couldn't get enough of pulling the throttle just to hear the supercharger scream.

I think the highlight of my ride was taking the ski into the ocean. When we approached the inlet there were huge swells at least 10 to 12 feet, some even higher. I had never ridden in such conditions and was nervous at first but quickly found myself very confident as the ski handled the swells with no problems whatsoever. The massive torque of the engine made it effortless to climb up the face of the waves and launch off of them. This was tons of fun and I can't wait to have the opportunity to ride like this again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
300X Owner

I've nver ridden a Sea Doo so I really can't say much on that subject. Im through my break-in period on my new 300X, Ski is at Kawa Shop getting a 10 Hr Maintenance done on it, and getting installed a couple new upgrades. RIVA Speed Control Override Module, RIVA Ultra 300 Cool Air Intake Kit, and RIVA Ultra Mirror Block-offs for 300. The first weekend i got it, i was amazed but really didnt get on too much. But last weekend boy looka here!!!! Sea-who? (2) Seadoo 255 with Stage 2, are u kidding me...... Mind u i'm no little boy. 6'7 255lbs and those Sea-Doo weren't seeing me with no upgrades. Sea-doo u gotta upgrade just to get were im at!!! Updates next week after the upgrades. 68MPH/Full Tank/Smooth/96F/90%/and my big ass!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
No point posting a top speed until you get the override installed, it's worth 3+ mph. I don't think the Riva intake is worth much, just cut the black hoses down in front so the air box gets a clear flow of air and remove the two hoses in the rear - that alone makes a big difference.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Of course the the ultimate test is off-shore racing - are Sea Poops beating 300Xs? lol...not

·
Registered
811 Posts
I wish you guys could come to the Chesapeake, I can't wait to race a 300X. With the way I have been beating EVERYTHING else. I am 6' and weigh 210 lbs. Just raced a 2009 Seadoo RXP-X 255 hp and beat it 5 skis outta the hole and at 1000' it was 15 skis- that guy was stunned, the look on his face was priceless. Anyway, I started with a 215 hp ski, now it is 300 hp and have a little more invested then a new 300 X, my ski will run 76 mph all day long and once and while 77-78 mph,Jerry Gaddis personally talked to me about some changes and I did them. So I'm sure the Kawaski is fast but until I get beat by one I'm not buying the fact it can beat me, because I see where I am on the food chain here and now. You can say oh I got monster mods, but remember what I started with 215 hp. Thats all for now I will let my ski do the talking with a video when I come against the 300X As far as big water is concerned I don't do off shore racing beacause of a bad knee from a car accident

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input guys, I can see we have started quite a competition here. Keep us all posted, I have my finger on the trigger to buy one but would like to see more hours and how they last. Thanks again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wish you guys could come to the Chesapeake, I can't wait to race a 300X. With the way I have been beating EVERYTHING else.
My gosh you're a broken record. Take your blow hard nonsense back to the SeaDoo section, no one wants to read it here - and for the 20th time - why are we comparing a highly modded ski with thousands invested to stock? When you get smoked you're going to feel like a bigger loser than you already are

Thats all for now I will let my ski do the talking with a video
You keep saying this, can you finally shut up now?

As far as big water is concerned I don't do off shore racing beacause of a bad knee from a car accident
In other words, you're a lame duck with alot of extra time on your hands but woefully short on actual results

·
Registered
811 Posts
I've nver ridden a Sea Doo so I really can't say much on that subject. Im through my break-in period on my new 300X, Ski is at Kawa Shop getting a 10 Hr Maintenance done on it, and getting installed a couple new upgrades. RIVA Speed Control Override Module, RIVA Ultra 300 Cool Air Intake Kit, and RIVA Ultra Mirror Block-offs for 300. The first weekend i got it, i was amazed but really didnt get on too much. But last weekend boy looka here!!!! Sea-who? (2) Seadoo 255 with Stage 2, are u kidding me...... Mind u i'm no little boy. 6'7 255lbs and those Sea-Doo weren't seeing me with no upgrades. Sea-doo u gotta upgrade just to get were im at!!! Updates next week after the upgrades. 68MPH/Full Tank/Smooth/96F/90%/and my big ass!!!!
Let me know when you get to 76 mph, Don't know how people say you can't compare a modded ski to a stock ski. My ski is 5 years old and was 215 hp. Now it is the same as yours 300 hp. So what is all the fuss over. I know my ski runs out 76 mph all day long. Maybe thats it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The 300X is already doing 75 mph essentially bone stock with an aftermarket intake grate.

The "fuss" is the fact that stock to modded with thousands of dollars invested is a ridiculous comparison. Give the 300 a year to get mods fully developed. Stock for stock, your almighy SeaDoo gets smoked - period. Better luck next time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
76?

Hey I got my 10 hr service and a couple aftermarket parts installed. Riva limiter, riva cold air intake, and riva exhaust. I thought it was gonna be louder but it not a drastic change in sound. Maybe a little bit smoother. But theres a new sound coming from the jet ski. As i was standing on the dock watching my brother ride it makes like a jet plane sound. Kinda neat!!! I cant give you really good numbers because by the time the gas tank was at the point where i wanted to test it for speed it got really choppy on the lake. But first ride after the upgrades, i noticed my boost goes all the way to 15 now, not just 10. But full tank, flat, hit 77mph. They performance shop said changing the water box would help a lot. Will the water box make that much of a difference?

·
Registered
35 Posts
77 sounds a little too good to be true (and probably is) - do you have a GPS/vid? From what I've read, there isn't much gain in swapping the waterbox, just louder

·
Registered
35 Posts
The 300 is the undisputed king of chop - I had it out on the lake with whitecaps this weekend

1 - 15 of 15 Posts