Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Just stripped down the motor of my 4 tec seadoo engine and the head has damage.

Thoughts please on what i should do here.
As you can see its badly pitted, but generally not bad other than the pitting
Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
5,057 Posts
Picture is a little blury. One part looks like corrosion, another looks like something got injested or the ground strap from a plug broke off. What does the piston look like ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's all good other than the pitting/corrosion that is in the second pic. Pistons are as good as new.
My thoughts are what to do about the pitting. What issues could they cause if I was to just ignore the fact of them being there.
Or am I really going to require a replacement head...

·
Super Moderator
5,057 Posts
There's a reason that much corrosion is there, whether it be recent or form someone else. I would say, rather than take a chance, find a good used head somewhere. Sharp corners can create hot spots, and the rough areas around the valves can disrupt the flow. Then there's the corrosion extending under the head gasket already. Future potential problem there.
I'm checking with a guy I know that might have a good head.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect thanks.
It was under the ocean for around 4 days.
Then it sat untouched for 2 years.
I rebuilt it last year and after 25 mins running good it had low oil pressure then as I tried to nurse it back started knocking. Stopped again fixed the bearing that was gone but as I am rebuilding again. I really wanted another option as I don't wish to rebuild it a 3rd time lol..
Let me know on the head.
Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
5,057 Posts
He has a 08 head, but you should use your cams if they are in good shape. I will pm you his cell so you can text him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts