Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was riding my 55o and i have the lanyard bypassed and i fell and it got away and ran into a rock wall at about 40 mph any luck in fixing it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The lanyard is not only for your safety, but others on the water as well. You are lucky that you did not hurt someone, and you should not fix the machine if you have so little regard for the reason the kill switch is there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Niiiccce!

dam redneckssss
There is very good reason it that kill switch is there. Every PWC that doesn't "self-right" (turn in a circle at idle speed while you swim to catch up to it), has a kill switch. Bypassing it is illegal in many states, and downright stupid. Frankly, if you can't operate a vehicle safely, I am glad it crashed WITH NO INJURIES and that you may be off the water for awhile.

It doesn't take many irresponsible PWC operators to make ALL of us look bad in the eyes of some boaters. You may not like the general reaction you are getting, but it is because you were being foolish and now there are consequences to your actions.

shooter

·
Registered
20 Posts
funny
last time i check NO 440 500 had laynards
Not on topic but funny anyway. My GF's 21 year old son took the 440 out for his first time on a stand up. BTW, he is very capable and rides the 2 seater very well. He wanted to try the 440. So I showed him how to start it and a little about getting up. however I forgot to tell him about the retrieval after he falls off. After about 5 minutes he falls and the 440 did its circle thing and he catches up with it. He rides in immediately and anchors it and goes up to shore. meanwhile I'm out on the SL. He tells his mom, he thinks the 440 is broken or possesed, since it circled him... Anyway, after explaining how it worked we had a big laugh about it. Now I can't get him off it so I can ride....

Richard Z.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi, Last year I crashed my 550sx into the rocks at full speed,
luckely I was still standing on the ski after the crash and didn't
hurt myself, :D
There was a big crack in the engine compartment,
it took me a day to fix it with fiberglass,
to bad the ski burned down after a few months

1 - 7 of 7 Posts