Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a "new" ski. The guy had it sitting and dropped the used battery in and it started just fine. I got it home and the battery was too dead to get it to turn over. I tried charging - no results. Bought a new battery and it just clicks. Do I have an issue with the starter, solenoid?? Any advice would be great and I look forward to assisting others in the future.
Matt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1984 JS 550 Kawa

I checked the battery, it is fully charged. I ordered a new soleniod. Can anyone think of any other problems I may have over looked?? Please help, I cannot have any fun with it in the garage.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi, most of the times if you only hear a click it's the starter relay (on the black box)
is the problem,
take something of steel ( a wrench or something like that) that fits between the two
red wires so that it gets connection, when the starter turns then you know the relay
is defect, most of the times only the bolts are lose!
I hope I could help

·
Registered
18 Posts
Please help me with Kawasaki 550SX not firing

my kawa 550sx turns over the plugs im using BR8ES made in france their seems like their petrol going in but not firing up :dunno: Some 1 Please help

·
Registered
30 Posts
first take out your spark plugs and hold them to cilinderheadnut and push the
start button (this hurts sometimes:laugh:), check if you see a strong bleu spark , a yellow or orange spark means you have a weak spark, I would check all connections if so
If you have a bleu spark, put the spark plugs back, take of your flamearrestor and than put a little bit off feul in top of the carb, and try to start the engine! take out your spark plugs if it won't start and see how the look,
when they are wet, clean them and try again!
Be carefull if it starts, don't let the engine run for longer then 20 seconds
when there is no garden hose connected to your engine, there are oilseal
that can't take the heat!
Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
hi jetfreak, yeah the spark is fairly strong and it was blue colour, dont know what you mean Flamearrestor ??? put bit fuel in top of carb as in air intake bit or put bit into where spark plugs go? i was thinking maybe the timing is out theirs compression in cylinders but when im startiing engine is it normal for like spray fuel puff out top carb???? cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
The flame arrestor is the air intake on top of the carb,
it's not normal that there sprays feul out of your carb,
are you sure your using the right routing for your feullines?
Is your carb attached to your cilinder or to your crankcase?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi JetFreak,

it has got flame arrestor on it nothin on top carb, im using 1/25 fuel 1 litre petrol to 25mm of 2 stroke oil and carb attached to manifold then to to cylinder head just above the top off the crankcase. iv taken engine out to see if their an drain screw like most engines have to see get any old crap fuel laying in bottom out but im not sure best way do it as i dont really want start stripping engine down buying new gaskets if i can save that trouble, also when i turn crank over by hand seems dry, grinding sound no lubricant init or something is that normall??? thanks for helping us out on this

1 - 9 of 9 Posts