Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My two front engine mounts on my 650sx are broken(the rubber part is disconnected from the metal piece which bolts into the hull). I was hoping they were just 10 or 15 dollar pieces but apparently they're forty a piece. Does anyone know if these two pieces are just glued together or something and if they are what kind of glue am i supposed to use?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi i did glue them all 4 on my seadoo xp first use P40 sand paper and clean rubber to be nice and black then rub down alluminium plate, use slow drying epoxy glue I did use araldite (slow drying formula aprox 16 hours) and it WORKS! Its over a year now sience i did it and still all right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey guys, Im new pwc and over the weekend i hit some airbourne wake and when i hit the water my motor mounts gavew...i heard clicking and it wouldnt move when i gave it gas. I knew somthing was wrong and got towed in. it appears all four mounts gave and my engine shifted. When i got home, i slid engine back in place into the drive shaft coupler, and started it and reved it and it was spinning and sounding fine. i orderted 4 new mounts for my 1994 waverunner 3 gp. Do u think i will be ok with replacing the mounts, and i hear u must allign the engine, but wont replacing the mounts allign the engine itself? Nothing appears bent or damaged...no seal leaks or anything. Any feedback would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wouldnt glue them together. They are designed to give in a catastrophic event. Something will give, so the motor mounts are the best solution. Get a used set for $60 on ebay!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts