Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody,
I am new to this forum. Great info here!

I just bought a 650SX stand up. I'm trying to figure out what safety feature keeps the ski from runnning away when I fall off.

There is not a lanyard. The steering is not spring loaded to turn the ski in circles... It seems that the ski will just continue to the other end of the lake if I fall off....

I know there is a a safety feature to protect from the "run away" ski, but i'm just not seeing it on this used ski I purchased.

Any input would be great. Please go easy on me, as I am new...

Thank you in advance!

Hobie7

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just rode a 650SX yesterday. The handlebars don't seem spring loaded but they will go around in circles if and when you fall off.

·
BORN TO FISH NOT CATCH
1,512 Posts
Hello Everybody,
I am new to this forum. Great info here!

I just bought a 650SX stand up. I'm trying to figure out what safety feature keeps the ski from runnning away when I fall off.

There is not a lanyard. The steering is not spring loaded to turn the ski in circles... It seems that the ski will just continue to the other end of the lake if I fall off....

I know there is a a safety feature to protect from the "run away" ski, but i'm just not seeing it on this used ski I purchased.

Any input would be great. Please go easy on me, as I am new...

Thank you in advance!

Hobie7

you can buy a switch with laynard

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine goes in circles, but just incase the idle is turned low, it will usually die half way through the circle, at the farthest spot away.

·
Registered
11 Posts
sorry

I want to apologize for the previous post,I went to kitchen to get a beer & my daughter was at computer. She said hey dad this guy has a question regarding falling off & the lanyard switch! jokingly I told her send him a reply,tell him what he needs to know. When I came back in the room she said alright dad I took care of it! When asked she said I told him to just swim after it! After all thats what I do!!Humorous yes Good feedback no.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts