Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, im new to the forum so go easy!! , im from the uk and have had various jets ski's ove rthe last couple of years ( kwak 550js, 750sts , 900zxi, seadoo 951 gtx ltd), due to hard times, ive sold the seadoo and got another stand up, this one being a kawasaki 650 sx, the ski ran fine on the trailer and hose pipe when i brought it, yet first time in the sea and it died at anything other than idle..., ive got it home and stripped and cleaned all the hull etc first, cleaned the fuel tank out, new fuel in, the fuel pump (external) was pumping but all gummed up with old fuel, so ive cleaned and rebuilt with out a kit (so now slightly leaks), same problem though so ive stripped the carb, this was all gummed up too... ive cleaned best i can and rebuilt, the ski runs 1st time after a prime, and will idle ok, when you slightly open the throttle the revs will rise a little (i think using the low jet) , until it gets to a point where the engine dies, if i blip the throttle i can see fuel coming from the main high jet, but not in mist form, more of a dribble... the ski is still dying... , so if any one has any ideas id be mucho greatfull!! , ive seen some rebuild kits on usa ebay for $29 but havent found a pump kit yet, cant seem to find anything in the uk!! , the ski has standard carb / filter , but has a westcoast pipe and water box, ill post some pictures up soon..

thanks for any help

Gary

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, but there clear ones and didnt look like they were contaminated or anything?? the fuel comes out from the pump at quite a rate!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have got a few prices on rebuild kits and a new kit for the pump too, all from usa so am waiting for shipping prices to uk , i was looking at usa ebay last night and there was quite alot of carbs for sale, some being the newer type with the pump built into the carb, would one of these fit straight onto my inlet manifold?? some were 750 carbs also would these fit?

·
Registered
15 Posts
i dont think any of the newer carbs will fit because there I.D. is bigger and probably different mounting holes. I have a Mikuni super BN 44mm carb and love it! but you have to get a west coast, ocean pro or etc. intake mainfoild for it to fit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
have had the bits delivered today and rebuilt the pump and carb, the pump no dosnt leak and has more pressure, after some tweeking of the 'l' screw and the idle speed screw ive got it to tick over ok, but when i blip the throttel it still bogs and dies, ?????? im looking straight down the carb and i can see im now getting fuel when the throttle is opened so im stuck now as to why it wont rev??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
have been playing with the 'h' screw to vary the amount of fuel going in when the throttle butterfly opens, if im gradual i can get the revs up a bit and see fuel spraying in, but if i give it a quick fully open throttel it just dies... is it a case of trial and error until i get it right or is there some other factor causing this problem, im really starting to loose my cool with it now!!

also before we brought the ski the previous owner had fitted a new rubber hose on the westcoast exhaust , with a load of clamps , i know 2 strokes rely on back pressure to run properly any one have any ideas?? does seem to leak or anything so i assume its ok?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts