Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1995 Kawasaki Jet Ski 750 SXi. I had the carburetor's rebuilt and have ridden the ski a couple of times. Ont he high end of the throttle at a higher speed the ski runs excellent. If i have been riding and come off of the throttle to begin a turn, when I accelerate the boat hits a dead spot and almost dies? I have a similar problem when I just start the ski and accelerate to stand up. I am assuming this takes some sort of an adjustment to the carbs. I see two adjustment screws but I am not sure how to proceed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Read Only
5,059 Posts
Bottom screw is the low speed, and the top is the high speed. Both should be around 1-1 1/8 turn out. Verify how many turns out they are and document it so you can go back to that setting if need be. Low speed screw is used for starting, idle quality, and some off idle transition. It actually works in conjunction with pop off. Does it have after market flame arrestors ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Adjusted both lower jets from 1 to 1 1/8 out. Ski ran better when starting and top end was good but still lagged when I tried to accelerate out of a turn. Should I adjust them out more?

·
Read Only
5,059 Posts
The low speed screws should be set for highest smooth idle. 11/8 is about as far as you should need to go, but you can try another 1/16 turn or so. I'm betting pop off is a little high at this point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All I have read only tells you how to test the pop off pressure but not how to adjust? How is it adjusted?

·
Read Only
5,059 Posts
It is adjusted by changing springs and/or needle and seats. You can adjust a slight amount by bending the arm, but I don't recommend it. I don't use the springs in the kits as they will not get you the factory pop off numbers. I have also had some issues with the needles in the kit raising the pop off, so when in doubt, reuse the old springs and needles and verify you getting roughly 23-25. I rarely get a clean pop off. Usually it starts bleeding about 24 and I call it there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts