Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 sxi pro and originally the problem was aft cylinder wont fire or has a weak intermittent spark. There is a new stator, CDI and coil. not in that order. I installed new coil first with no fix. Stator was new and it worked for about 45 minutes then the same problem arose again. The ski sat for close to 7 years then I recently began to work on it again. I bought a brand new coil (again) CDI box and the stator is pretty much new. During build up i found a wire from the stator chaffing bare wire on my exhaust and thought that was definitly the problem. The ski ran great for 10 minutes then the aft cylinder cut out again! there are no signs of anything obvious problems and i am now eyeballing the overtemp switch which is not even in use. it never was being the original owner took it out of the loop but still had it hooked up electrically. I am going insane with this and need advice if anyone else has had this problem.
Joe

·
Registered
20 Posts
idk I say just take it to a shop somewhere that works on them and say hey man I need this ski fixed idk whats wrong with it and if you could fix it I would greatly appreciate it and just pay the cost I know it sucks but you gotta do what you gotta do...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts