Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help diagnosing a problem. I took my 1997 ZXI 750 out today and I first riding some large waves and fell off while I was on the throttle. I got back on the machine and went to start it. I had a heck of a time getting it to start and when I gave the machine gas it would choke itself and kill the engine. I had to feather the throttle many times before it would take off with full power. I figured it flooded the engine a little and did not think anything of if. However three other times during my ride I shut the engine off at throttle. When I went to start the machine and pulled on the throttle the machine would bog down and kill itself. I would feather the throttle several times and eventually she would take off. The engine has been running great. Does anyone know what might be going on? I have never experienced this before.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You could have some water in the gas or dislodged something else in the tank that is causing a fuel flow problem. If you have an air filter, it may be wet.

DO NOT CONTINUE TO 'FEATHER' THE THROTTLE UNTIL FINDING THE SOURCE OF THE PROBLEM

Having the feather the throttle means the engine is having a problem getting the correct air/fuel ammounts and with it OIL. If you continue to feather the throttle you may find your self looking for internal engine parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts