Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just picked up a 93 750ss the guy said it was sitting for 3 years so i brought it home cleaned out the carb and everything looked good, found out that the oil injection has been disconnected and no block off plate was installed, which is ok because i wanted to run premix anyway. Do you need the block off plate? And the ski is also not pulling fuel from the tank it will only run of the gas i pour down the intake. I dont know much about skis but i feel like something might be wrong with the pulse lines from the crank which i guess pulls the gas from the tank correct? and it runs great otherwise. Any ideas? Would not having an oil injector block off plate be the problem, all hose were taken off i know there was two.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would put the block off plate on (I did it on my 750SS). If you leave the pump and run it dry it might seize and cause damage to something. If you remove the pump and don't block off the hole that's left behind you could get water and crap in the cover that it attaches to and I believe the stator is in there.

I would also get the crankcase drain block off plate while I was at it, that's one less thing to go wrong and the $30 the plate costs is a lot cheaper than rebuilding the engine. No surprise I installed that on my 750SS too.

Did you pull the pickup out of the tank? My ski would run for about 15 minutes then die. After a few minutes it'd start up and run great again. When I pulled the pickup out of my 750SS it was covered in a white corrosion that was blocking the vent and return lines. I also found both the pickup mounted filters gone and the pickup tubes split from top to bottom. I repaired the pickup tubes, cleaned the corrosion off, cleared the passages in the top of the pickup, and went to an inline filter, no more problems with it. Before I put the inline filter in I kept getting crap in the internal filter that's in the carb and its no fun pulling the carb off to clean that tiny filter out all the time. I can see all the same type of crud in the fuel filter now. I'd pull the tank and clean it out but that would require removing the engine and I'm not going through that much work. Fuel filters are cheap so I'll change my filter 10 or 20 times before I pull that motor out.

John

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have cleaned my Kawasaki 750 ss GAS TANK while it was in the hull. Pull out the fuel pick up tube, leave the fuel filler neck (black hose) connected to the spout, pour hot soapy water 3 times and tip the jet ski over on its side (the side that has a gas cap) watch the derbies leave the tank and spill out onto the ground.

Later ...let the tank and hull dry for 3 days!

·
Registered
4 Posts
That carb has a fuel pump attached. And your correct that line off of the intake supplies suction to the pump.

Buy a carb kit around 30.00 and a can of b-12 carb cleaner and go to town.. its not hard at all. take your time and take pictures with your cell phone so you can see how it was together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts