Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I'm looking at buying a 79 js440 and Im wondering the top speed of it and the realbilty
Thanks

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hello
I'm looking at buying a 79 js440 and Im wondering the top speed of it and the realbilty
Thanks
Couldn't tell you the top speed that pre-dates my knowledge. However regardless of how fast it is your talking about a 32 year old ski. I wouldn't trust something that old. Unless it is almost free sounds like a bad investment. Parts will be scarce.:(

·
Registered
811 Posts
So long as it runs well sounds like a fair deal. I would't think it would be any faster then 35 mph. But the first major failure will turn it into scrap. As long as you know this going in you won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Keep in mind, thats one of the very first ski's. I think it was either 78 or 79. I sold my 90 550 for 500. If your mechanical, go for it, but if you can spend a little, get a little more

·
Registered
811 Posts
For $250.00 more get the 12 year newer ski. Thats good money spent as long as it runs well. That one might hit 40 mph. Still the first major breakdown and it is scrap. So have the right expectation level.

Good luck with that ....

·
Registered
298 Posts
That 91 is the second year of the good hull, rear exhaust, it's a little wider, and the sponsons are supposed to be better also. It is also the first year of the good motor, reed motor. I would go with the 91 myself

1 - 10 of 10 Posts