Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought my first js440, the guy i bought it off didnt know to much about it either, he did tell me that the carb did need to be tuned up, well took it out after i bought it and it fired up ran for about 40 min and shut off, wouldnt start afterwards...my question is does this standup have a fuel pump..? and if so wut fuel line does it hook up to and where does the power lines for fuel pump hook up to..? it cranks over, has spark, but seems like the carb isnt gettin fuel when you hit trottle, also the carb is backfiring..wut is that caused from..? thanks a lot peeps

·
Registered
24 Posts
It might just need a carb clean or the seat or needle in the carb got messed up you should clean the cab really good and make sure all the little springs and everything are put back right... Same thing happened on my 650sx standup.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think the carb is pretty good, i took the electic box apart and it was all messed up, water came out of it,besides that there is sand in it, all the stuff in the box is corroded, no gaskets what so ever...it looks nasty...i talked to someone and they told me that the coil pack is bad and thats why it backfiring, after looking inside the elec box that could be a very good posibilty..

·
Registered
24 Posts
ya well the person you talked to is pretty much right an electrical box that is all corroded is definately not good. I would recomend replacing it look around on ebay thats where you will most likely get the best deal for a new one for the best price... Plus used ones aren't bad either as long as it looks clean and what not..

·
Registered
24 Posts
ya no problem and next time if you have any questions post it in the kawasaki foum and in the general pwc forum you will get way better replies...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts