Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up two '86 550cc stand up kawi's but I dont know what model they are. I'm seeing jc or sx or some other letters around online... how do I know which these are and is there any difference in parts?

The piston rod bearings are shot on both motors so anyone have any idea on where to get new of that? Is the crank one peice that you have to get that and the rods all in one or is it something that you can get apart, put new bearings in and get it pressed back together? I've never seen piston rods w/o bolt on caps before.

The motors are all apart (I got everything in boxes... YAY :smashfreakB: ) so now I get to fit the puzzle back together. What are good repair manuals (brand)?

Any and all insight would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
To identify your machine go to (www.kawasaki.com)and type your hull number into the owner id section, it will tell you year make and model.There are many crank rebuilders around the country, you probably have one locally. ebay offers rebuild kits for cranks. A genuine kawasaki manual should have good expanded parts diagrams.

·
Registered
111 Posts
:dunno: gotta love basket cases! :smashfreakB:

If they're '86 models they ought to be JS550's

someone correct me if i'm wrong but i dont the SX's came around till 1990 or so.

but run your hull number to check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts