Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post here and I apologize if there’s already a thread about this but here I go anyway. So this 650 has been ole reliable for about a year now and out of nowhere I’m blowing through carbs like candy, I’ll include pictures but basically what’s happening is the rod connected to the throttle cable and butterfly keeps snapping in the same spot for no apparent reason, and to top that off I sucked a screw through my reeds and it’s somewhere in my motor now, so my questions are, what could be causing this to snap? There is play when it’s full whick and I don’t snap the throttle back, also should I leave the screw in the motor it’s gunna cost a few hundred dollars to spit the motor open to find it, I grew up with dirtbikes im not fimilar with ski motors... in my mind she’s just gunna Seize up and be worthless if I don’t pull it out but I also can’t find gasket kits to use if I do split it open...

Attachments

·
Read Only
5,059 Posts
Something is off with the cable. Prob. what's happening is the carb is wide open and your still pulling on the throttle, so it twists the shaft (that's assuming the breakage is happening on the cable side).
As far as the screw, you should just be able to pull the engine, pull the reeds, and flip the engine on it's side. You might even try pulling the reeds alone first and see if you can get a magnet down between the crank webbing and get the screw.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts