Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay...So after 4+ years of my ski's sitting in the garage, I decided (after selling my wake boat) it was time to do something. So i un-buried them and pulled them from the garage. Went ahead and registered both. When i got the 89 it started right up and sounded good. Never put in in water - looks as if it had been ridden like 5 times - pure stock (except oil injection removal). As for the 87, it has obviously been modified but i do not have enough knowledge about these to know as to what extend the mods are. As with the 89 - when i got the 87, is fired right up and idled good (also never put in water) when i got it home i hit the starter again, it fired right up - but then took off to WOT. Yes.... scared the $#*& out of me for a few seconds til i choked it out. Have not restarted since. Pulled fuel tank on 89 - cleaned out - added 3 gal fuel at 40:1. Put battery (sealed) on 2A charge til it indicated good. Hit switch - fired right up - ready to put this one on water. Just found (2) lanyard kill switches from 650TS's and they are on the way - i'm told they are "plug and play" just remove face plate and install the TS ones and should be good. Is this correct? With the WOT issue on the 87 - just want to make sure it will shut down if needed. Research the WOT issue leads me to believe there is an air leak somewhere causing the lean fuel condition. Pulled plugs on the 87 and still have good compression. Engine cranks fine. Need to perform leak down test, remove fuel tank and clean, and replace the battery on this one. Noticed the 87 did not have the drain valve knob like the 89...Is this something i need to research more or be concerned about? I would like to have the ski's ready to go for next year - my 16YO son will be riding the 87 and i will be on the 89. Have not ridden on since the late 80's early 90's but i'm up for it. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts