Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to jet skis. I just picked up 2 js550s and one wavejammer with a trailer for 750$. Im totally stoked to learn. Iv got one js550 to run and its a blast. As well as the wavejammer. But after my first ride on on the wavejammer I brought it in to take a break. And after words I couldnt get it to start again. I can hear the starter motor spinning. But its not engaging the flywheel. Im quite mechanical, But really dont want to tear down the entire engine just to get to the starter. Can someone chime in and give me a hint to how I should go about this.
Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Should be the same as the my 88 wr500, it's actually pretty easy, it's just tight to wrap your hand and wrench along side the motor. Your's may be more restricitive, since I think the wavejammers were a bit small than the waverunners. There are 2 screws that you take out from the front of the motor (These 2 screws are accessed at the flywheel cover), there are also 2 screws that bolt the starter to the block at the rear of the starter. Then there's just the positive cable to remove and you're all set.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts