Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I am in the process of reviving a Jet Ski JS550 that has not been running for many years. I torn it down to the crank. How do I know for sure the bearings are good or not? They seem to turn smooth and look ok but need some help.
Also I need to remove the coupler to change the crank seals, the one on the stator side is shot. Any tricks on holding the crank from turning while trying to unscrew the coupler?
ALlso anyone have a shop manual they want to sell I need to look up all the specs for wear and torque settings before I put her all back together.
I am anxious to try it out but I can take my time cause the weather up here in Canada is not warm enough jus yet, maybe another Month it should be ready to go. Thanks for tips.:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Beware the upper and lower connecting rod bearings are the ones most likely to destroy your motor.Consider new rod kits. Clamp your crankshaft into a large vice by one of the pork chops and put a long tire iron through your coupler. Then gently spin the coupler off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts