Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I got a small problem, I am a fairly new owner of a Kawasaki SX650 1989 and have been having a great time on it. It is in great shape, hardly used by previous owner. Only issue (if you consider it one) is that the separate oil compartment doesn't work, pump died a while ago i guess. so its always simply used mixed 50:1 in just the gas tank. It smokes a bit when riding.

bare with me: All that is just a little background incase it could have a affect on the problem i am having.

I have about 6 hours on it since the shop went though it and did: batter, spark plugs and a carb rebuilt kit. I went out this afternoon and it has half of the power that I feel it has and should, sometimes even less than half. At times I want to say that if seemed to be running on one cylinder. Anyone have any suggestions?

any suggestions are great!
let me know if you need more information.

·
Registered
1 Posts
50:1 might be too rich. I have a oil blocking plate on my 650 and I mix it at 40:1. I think its really suppose to be 32:1 but 40:1 is good for most watercraft. A 50:1 ratio is actually used during the break in period i believe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts