Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a TS in excellent shape over the winter. I was going over everything and noticed a oil fill cap on the front of the engine. What is that for??

I know, I need to buy a repair manual, just haven't needed it yet.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I truly don't mean to insult you with this answer, so no offense intended with this answer (please tell me if I'm missing what you're asking)... that oil fill cap is to put your 2-cycle oil into the oil tank. The motor in this jet ski is a 2-cycle motor which means it burns a gas/oil mix when it runs. Without the oil, you will burn out your engine -- fast. The oil pump and carburetor mix it for you while the engine runs, but you need to have oil in that tank along with gas in your gas tank if you want it to run.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I truly don't mean to insult you with this answer, so no offense intended with this answer (please tell me if I'm missing what you're asking)... that oil fill cap is to put your 2-cycle oil into the oil tank. The motor in this jet ski is a 2-cycle motor which means it burns a gas/oil mix when it runs. Without the oil, you will burn out your engine -- fast. The oil pump and carburetor mix it for you while the engine runs, but you need to have oil in that tank along with gas in your gas tank if you want it to run.
Right I understand that. This ski is not oil injected. I have to pre-mix the oil with the gas. This is located on the front of the engine. Here are some pictures.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Don't put oil in there. You will fry the stator if you do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts