Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '90 550sx with a coffman halfpipe and a water box, everything else stock, that runs great but only if I don't let it idle for very long. If it idles for more than 30 seconds it won't rev up no matter what. When it gets like that I have to shut it off for a minute or two and then fire it up and ride away. Once it gets going it runs perfectly normal. I have been stumped by this for a while and have just put up with it but have now decided that it is time to sort out the issue. Compression in both cylinders is in the 120-125 range and it has a new head gasket, spark plugs, and a fresh carb rebuild. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it will miss and pop but it will also try revving up a little if you really baby it but then it will cut and go back to its idle.

·
Registered
29 Posts
try spraying a little carb cleaner/brake cleaner in the carb while its warm and doesnt run correctly and feather the throttle also see if it revs up, maybe try on the trailer in the water, see what that does. let me know how it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts