Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2000 Kawasaki 900 STX that wasnt running on good faith that it wouldnt take much to get it going. Unfortunately it is turning out to be not so easy.

I took it to get an estimate and it racked up to $1250. The tech said that the guy before drilled a hole in the cdi and ran a wire from somewhere into the igniter... does this sound familiar to anybody???

I found a 900 ZXI CDI box complete and full on ebay. Any idea if I would be luck enough to swap these out? Will the zxi box fit in the stx?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. For $1250 to fix it I would rather part out the bastard and buy something else.

THANKS A BUNCH

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 02 stx 900 and it has drove me crazy it would start and run for five minutes the die an would never start again ..... Then 5 hrs later start again .... So I replaced fuel lines fuel filter coils spark plugs rebuilt carbs replaced stator fuses and on off switch and still same problem so if it's not the cdi I am pushing it off a cliff ..... But here's the kicker we can only use years 99-03 and finding one if those is like a needle in a fricking haystack ....so if you get one let me know if that works

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 02 stx 900 and it has drove me crazy it would start and run for five minutes the die an would never start again ..... Then 5 hrs later start again .... So I replaced fuel lines fuel filter coils spark plugs rebuilt carbs replaced stator fuses and on off switch and still same problem so if it's not the cdi I am pushing it off a cliff ..... But here's the kicker we can only use years 99-03 and finding one if those is like a needle in a fricking haystack ....so if you get one let me know if that works
I haven't found anything at all yet. I wish I had. I have this thing sitting in my garage and im not able to use it because I can't find an electrical box for it. Maybe one day... or ill just break down and by the parts new. $850...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts