Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm new to the PWC world. I purchased a 1999 900 stx & took it to the lake for the first time today. I never noticed any water coming out of the valve when I was riding it & never got an overheat warning. Will the water always come out or does the motor temp need to get to a certain temp?
The water here is still in the 60's.
Thanks,
Darrall

·
Registered
6 Posts
There will and should be water coming out of the tube on the right side as soon as you start it...
There is not a thermostat on the 900 STX.

Check to make sure there is nothing plugging the outside tube and make sure that the line is not kinked or disconnected under the hood..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I dug into it more this weekend. The line going to the pee hole was clogged but that still didn't get water coming out the pee hole. So after some further digging the water temp sensor was clogged on the outlet side. I cleaned that out but I still can't blow through it. Should I be able too? At the time I didn't know if this was something that should be open all the time or openned when the motor reached a certain temp. So should I soak it in LCR or something to eat the corrosion away? I should be able to blow through it right?

Thanks,
Darrall

·
Registered
6 Posts
Replace the lines and Temp sensor

I would replace the lines and temp sensor if there is still a clog somehwere..

The temp sensor is just a cut off for the ignition when the temp gets too high.
There is no valve there at all...

Thanks
Robert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts