Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding my 95 900 ZXi last weekend and I was drving full throttle for about 10 seconds when the ski just shut down, I started it back up but whenever I would give it gas it would just die, after about the 5th time starting it, it would stay running. I just drove about 10 mph back to the marina to get it back on the trailer, when I got home I was running it on the trailer and it seems to be running fine now. Has anyone ever hear of this problem?

Thanks

Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
96 Kawasaki 900 zxi Starter

I just purchased a 95 & 96 Kawasaki 900 zxi. I am newer to jetskis and seem to need to replace the starter in the 96. I have removed both starter bolts, however the starter is not budging? Any ideas on removal without taking off the exhaust/muffler. If I do remove these exhaust items, do the metal gaskets need to be replaced or are they reusable?

Thanks -

·
Registered
3 Posts
i had similar symptoms with mine. i took the fuel pickup out from on top of the tank and it had a bunch of gunk built up on the screen where it sucks fuel. i replaced it and its great now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was riding my 95 900 ZXi last weekend and I was drving full throttle for about 10 seconds when the ski just shut down, I started it back up but whenever I would give it gas it would just die, after about the 5th time starting it, it would stay running. I just drove about 10 mph back to the marina to get it back on the trailer, when I got home I was running it on the trailer and it seems to be running fine now. Has anyone ever hear of this problem?

Thanks

Jim
I had exact same experience and it was the intake duct coming apart with little pieces of rubber chunks of the duct getting stuck in the reeds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts