Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so just bought a 96 zxi rode fine the first time i took it out then yesterday it started acting up. it felt like it was bogging and holding back and only would peak at 5200rpm. what could the problem be?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so took the jetski out today and out of the water it revs to full throttle at around 7200 but when it was in the water full throttle was only 4 grand n it would rev past that. can someone help me?? need this thing fixed and have no idea what to look for first

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump...does anyone have any idea what it could be. I'd like to start lookin for the problem tn just need to know what to look for first or wut it culd be.

·
Registered
10 Posts
so took the jetski out today and out of the water it revs to full throttle at around 7200 but when it was in the water full throttle was only 4 grand n it would rev past that. can someone help me?? need this thing fixed and have no idea what to look for first
how long has the ski been sitting? could b old gas or gummy carbs. Does it have a fuel filter, if so check that

·
Registered
52 Posts
im a little late but did you ever find out what it was ??? when i was rebuilding my engine i split the high tension lead by mistake but couldnt see any damage the split was right next to the e box and didnt no it was there untill i got on the water and a bit of moisture got in there it would ark out on the e box hence this cutting power ..in yet revved up fine on the trailer.. i renewed the leads and now have no probloms ... this might not be the problom in this case but it does sound familier and im pretty sure the water temp sender may be detecting its getting hot and shorting out this will put the ski into limp mode make sure you have water coming out of the pisser it could be plugged or sensor could be faulty but if its not that it could be any thing from compresion/ carbs/ fuel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts