Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen some other posts similar to this. The ski has been in storage for 2 years, the last time it was used is when the problem had started.

I have taken some advice and just did a complete Carb Rebuild.
The ski fired up right away and ran smooth with the Hose running. I noticed some air bubbles coming from the Exhaust Pipe Gaskets (Top znd Bottom) and have ordered replacements. I also noticed smoke and air bubbles coming from the neck of the pipe on top of the stock waterbox where the metal pipe and fiberglass meet.

Based on everything I read the Carb and Exhaust seem to be the likely cause for WOT bogging when the ski is in the water.

Does this make sense?

I was going to order a replacement Waterbox but was wondering if anyone could confirm all I need to do is use fiberglass repair and wrap the top metal pipe where it meets the waterbox to solve the air leak?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Those do sound right, also take a look at your reeds. Just a little fray on those can make it run really bad. Any little cracks, or frays replace those, they are not to expensive for some real nice carbon fiber, or v-force. I prefer the carbon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts