Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 TS with very low hours. I'm a second owner and its been a good for us with our very limited use.

Last Labor Day when I took it out it started right up and I was idling out when it just died. This was the first time it was ran for two years and I thought nothing of it. That is until I tried to restart it and nothing happened.

I checked battery, fuse, wireing, etc. (replaced battery with brand new fully charged) The only thing that would happen is a click, from what I believe to be the solenoid, when start button is pushed in. I bypassed the solenoid and tried to "hot Jump" the starter and nothing.

I, in my limited mechanical mind, am assuming this is a starter issue, but we all know what happens when we ASSUME.

So here are my Two Questions:
1.) Could it be something other than the starter? If so could you lead me there?

2.) If it is the starter, how the heck do I get to it to replace it? Do I have to remove the whole upper hull/cowling? If so it looks like it is pop-rivited, bolted, and a PITA!!!

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally got starter off.... (didn't have to remove anything, but it was a PITA!)

Hooked directly to current and nothing....Gave a little tap...budged.

Dead starter! Taking to local shop for rebuild cost....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts